Nokia 5800: PhoneTorch – Use phone’s build in flash as a torch.
PhoneTorch is a tool for SymbianOS 9.4 5th Edition (e.g. Nokia 5800XM) phones which allows to use the phone's build in flash as a torch. PhoneTorch is still under development and usage is at your own risk. Intensive use of the camera flashlight might lead to device damage.
Edit: New version ( v1.0.1 )
1. Download PhoneTorch (Signed)
2. If you have an older version of PhoneTorch, please remove it manually before installing the signed PhoneTorch package.
3. Install PhoneTorch on your phone
SymbianOS requires programs to be certificated. The certification process is depicted below:
1. Download PhoneTorch
2. Goto SymbianSigned.com website (link)
3. Enter your phone's IMEI (you get it by typing "*#06#" into your phone), your email address and then select the downloaded PhoneTorch file
4. PhoneTorch requires only "UserEnvironment" capabilities but selecting all capabilities works too.
5. You will receive an email with an activation link. Click on this link. After some minutes you should receive another email containing the download link to the signed PhoneTorch installation file.
* Signed files added: now signing is not necessary any more
* New features: red light support
o crash when calling settings dialog
o update interval reflects now seconds