Nokia 5800 firmware update – v40.0.005 adds kinetic Scrolling!
The Nokia 5800 finally receives a new firmware update. The new version v40.0.005 can be downloaded from the NSU (included in PC Suite) or via the OTV (over the air) feature. Head over to our forums 5800 v40 firmware thread to read more about the new firmware.
There is no official changelog yet so these are the main changes detected:
- Kinetic scrolling everywhere except: main menu, application menu, browser;
- Home style widget with Nokia 5530;
- QWERTY Keyboard Auto Rotation (on text input screens);
- Refresh Icons "Sharing Online", "Configuring Accessories", "Configure Phone";
- New screen alarm, but only when the screen is locked;
- Improved application "Updating Applications", which also renames Upgrade SW;
- The application "Data transfer" was also implemented in "Settings";
- Real Player Updated to 12 October 2009;
- Ovi Contacts installed;
- Removed Download! (Ovi Store still available)
- Touch more responsive;
- Improved stability;
- Slide to Unlock during call
- New contact & music widget.
- New screen alarm, but only when the screen is locked.
- New screen incoming call, also only when the screen is locked.
Update: kinetic Scrolling have been added to the firmware, Finally!
Update 2: Video added to the post, check it out after the break..
Update 3: Changelog updated (14/01)
[Thx Przemek and Adam]