Posted by: Magnus Sandstrom in Android ROM, tags: AOKP ROM, AOPK
On June 15th a new release of AOKP was made available on aokp.co. The changelog is as always extensive and full of goodness. Full changelog after the break.
Some of the really cool features are the ability to use ad-hoc networks for example WiFi sharing from a laptop and also the ability to change the LCD Density. I don't know if that has been in there before but it is kinda cool. Just make sure your launcher supports it. Novalauncher does but Apexlauncher has a tendency to crash when I up the density. Also the ability to limit notification sounds is great, so if you receive 10 emails within x minutes it only sounds once.
- added ability to change host name (settings > dev > device hostname)
- added ad-hoc network support
- added adb over network
- added AOKP stats (you can opt out, Settings > About > AOKP Statistics) www.stats.aokp.co
- added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds
--- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds
--- so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
- added "Device options" link in Settings for devices that have an app to tweak device-specific settings
--- right now I believe only tuna/aries/p1c have these, all credit goes to CM trees where these apps came from
- improved weather code, shouldn't bother you everytime it updates weather now
- added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout ANdroid
- added ability to toggle to "new" and "original" music controls on the lockscreen
- as always, tons of other device-specific and internal changes, find them all at http://gerrit.sudose...atus:merged,n,z
- p5: removed OTA assert, shouldn't be any more problems flashing
- tuna: fixed vold.fstab file not being added properly, which led to MTP issues, core FCs
- tuna: looks like the CM9 kernel was included with this build by mistake (due to the buildbot using inline kernels and some misc testing). It doesn't affect anything, just letting you guys know we know! Enjoy their code
- added showcasemtd & mesmerizemtd
- ville: YOU MUST WIPE!
- misc other device changes -- ask your device maintainer
Now this is release 39 and if the AOKP team do like they usually do the next release will be Milestone 6 and in the past Milestone releases have been pretty exciting stuff so I guess we just have to wait and see.