Posted by: Kevin Everett in Android, Android Apps, Video, tags: android apps, Video Review
One of my main issues with Android is manufacturers "skinning" the OS with their own special RAM eating, experience destroying, skin which is suppose to be better than stock Android. Which use to be true when Android first came out but ask anyone who has used a Google Pure device recently it is no longer need. The solution to this? Download a launcher from the Play Store of course.
One of the better Launcher choices out there is ADW Launcher and it recently got an update. Here is what got updated from the previous version:
- Configure your applications in unlimited groups and hide unwanted apps.
- Fast setup screen with fast access to add items or configure everything.
- Gestures for fast operation (swipe up/down, 2-fingers swipe up/down, pinch in/out, etc)
- Configurable Actionbar, similar to android 3.x+ tablet interface.
- Screens editor to add,remove, swap and resize your desktop screens.
- Configurable visual desktop indicators.
- Easy folder tweaking and management, content previews, arrangement, colors, etc.
- New AppWidget picker for devices running Android 4.1 and newer.
- Icons editor to create your own customized shortcuts or edit existing ones
- AppWidget resizing
- AppWidget backup/restore (only for android 4.1 and newer)
- Customizable applications dock with support for unlimited shortcuts with paginated scroll.
- Lots of settings to play with: texts, colours, animations, sizes… you should dig in!
Want to see it in video form? Check out this walk through by Pocket Now.
The review is on the paid version but there is a slightly less feature filled free version of this program that will do just as good a job as getting rid of the "OEM skin lag" on your Android device. Hope this helps!